What's the Deal with a Whole30?
- No Sugar, not even 'natural' sugars like honey, maple syrup, stevia and agave.
- No Alcohol
- No Grains
- No Legumes, Soy or Peanuts
- No Dairy
- No Processed Foods
- No White potatoes
So What can I eat?
- Protein from healthy animals. Beef, chicken, pork, fish, waterfowl, game meats, eggs.
- Vegetables and fruit. Most of your carbohydrates will come from these natural wonders.
- Healthy fats. Coconut, avocado, nuts and seeds.
The first time we did a Whole30 was last June. My child sobbed in protest because we didn't have toast in the house for his breakfast. Seriously, he was a bread addict. Breaking that bread habit was probably one of the best things we could have done for him. We noticed significant improvements in his behaviour and sleep patterns. There are certainly times when he gets to have treats. Birthday parties and celebrations are extra special to him because of these treats. But boy do we notice the difference that sugar makes on his little body. The change this has made on him is incredible. He requests healthful foods and gets genuinely excited for beet greens and the sort.
Visit the Main Page